Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday's

Ah.. its Monday. I happened to be away from school on Friday. It took everything in me to not book an NTIP Classroom Management session and be away from some of my more "delightful" students. (NTIP stands for New Teacher Induction Program). As an individual with a contract of 97 days or more, my board happens to provide 2 release days for extra training or in service sessions. I didn't tell my kids that I was going to be away on Friday, so they were confused today when I was back and really didn't tell them an answer.

As for the classroom management session, it was helpful in a few ways--but it covered things that would really just help any old rookie. (An oxymoron!) But it didn't really help in some of the ways I need extra help. Ie// The students who don't care, the student who won't just shut up, the student who thinks English 2D is party central, the student who hates teachers, the constantly late student.

I called a parent today to tell her that her son stuck his middle finger out at student in front of me. She was really suprised at that incident and genuinely shocked.

On the day of the incident, it took everything in me, not to scream at the student"YOU ARE AN IDIOT". After that particular incident, a student told me I have the patience of a saint. To that I replied, "I hope you pray to that saint every night"

Things are going fairly well, don't get me wrong. It's just a challenge. I never know what to expect.

Happy Monday.

No comments: