Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tired

I officially had a terrible day. My fifth period class had a great assignment in perspective writing for To Kill a Mockingbird, and totally did not get the point of it. Four people did not do their homework, so I shipped them out of the class to ensure that they caught up with work. One particular student who has something called Oppositional Defiance Disorder, was told to work in the Resource Room ( a room with teachers dedicated to helping students with disabilities) but instead followed his friend into another class. The teacher, who in her innocence thought I sent two kids to her, didn't question this action. I get a call about 30 minutes into period 5, telling me that I had sent her a terrible student and that she sent him back to me. He didn't come back.
I was suprised, and upset because the student I sent to her room is normally a nice individual who would never do the things she told me. I find out later that my 'special' student lied to her, told her his name was Bob, told her he doesnt do afterschool detentions and that he didn't have to listen to her. Needless to say this was all referred to his Vice Principal--and I spent a good 30 minutes in her office about this situation.

I also had a student this week get a friend to call in pretending to be her mother. That was an interesting coversation. "But, like, miss, like, I didn't feel good." "So is that a reason to lie and skip my class. " " Um like no"

Thanks. Super. Wonderful.

Blegh. I am tired. But not broken.

No comments: