Monday, September 22, 2008

Sick? Already?

Schools are the breeding ground for new and exciting variations of the common cold. It's week 4 and I have just got my first cold. I think I should go to bed now, I'm sure my Grade 10s could handle more work from the short story unit if I don't plan tonight..........Blegh.

Period 5 is slightly more manageable--but still difficult. Its really a daily battle where the captain (myself) is wading through mud. I get things like, "Miss, I hate reading. Why should we have silent reading time? " "Well, you are in Grade 10 Academic... we do read. What.. why am I justifying this to you right now?"

From the stupid question files, one student asked me if I thought another student was cute. RED LIGHT RED LIGHT. My response, " I have no comment on that question". "But Miss, don't you think he's cute??" "I think all of you are very special individuals, that is all" On another note, kids aren't very good at passing notes these days. I should have read one out loud. But I wasn't in my Super Bitch mood today, and reading it would have just irritated me as much as the students. I never got caught passing notes. At least they could be secretive about it.

I love children, really.

No comments: