Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 1 and 2

Ugh.. I am exhausted. Is that okay to say? Who knew dealing with 70 or more teenagers per day could be so physically and mentally exhausting. The first day went okay, Grade 10s tend to hate English and like to test boundaries. One the upside, one of my essential kids made me raise an eyebrow when she asked how to spell the word Swastika. I know.. crazy huh? Supposedly she is reading a book about the history of the symbol. My 5th period English class thinks I am an insane crazy English dictator--who gives them too much work. Really we are doing tons of diagnostic work to make sure that kids are in the right stream and level. I scared a fair bit of kids into wanting to change levels. My patience with the kids has been fair, although with 19 boys and 6 girls in my 5th period class-- I am treading above water at least........... Today was good--I actually had a beautiful first period and third period class--and ended off with my crazy zoo animals. Blegh.. is it too early to call home.

And the entire right side of my closet collapsed. Super. Super. Fun.

No comments: