Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mental Health Day

I had always thought that people who took "mental health" days were just doing so for a day of shopping or sitting around in their Pjs. Well I take back my judgmental feelings, as Friday I took a day away from the kiddies. I piled them all up with worksheets and I am hoping just hoping that they didn't kill each other. This is the 3rd time I've left them in 16 weeks. Its more work being away then actually being there.

I am currently creating two new units, I just finished writing 3 exams that were due for photocopying on Friday, and the pile of essay marking I have is taking over my life. Of course I did nothing on Friday--well other than get my hair done. I also went to a big party that night, but thats besides the point. So mental health days are necessary and important. That is my point.

There are 10 more school days until Christmas. I am losing one child a day due to the Christmas dreamland syndrome. You can speculate what that means.

Until later.

No comments: