Monday, February 23, 2009

Steal

I returned from my conference this past Saturday refreshed and full of ideas for my classroom. Some of which I believe will be extremely effective in my organization and classroom management skills. The one lesson I did learn was, "Steal". The speaker, Dr. Harry Wong reiterated this message during his 2 hour long talk and sold me on his book, 'The First Days of Teaching". $35 dollars later I have a book I am actually happy I purchased. The message that he gave is true, I think so many beginning teachers struggle to create something new every single day...and that may not be the best idea. The conference helped me really feel good about some of the things I am already doing in the classroom and helped me reflect on what I need to improve on.
I was kind of nice that I was put up at the Hilton for two nights too.

No comments: