Monday, September 28, 2009

It's been much too long.

Well, I have put off updating for much too long. This year I am in a new school board--and with this brings many new and exciting things--and many nervewracking things. I have moved from a school that was considered high risk and high needs to a school where the kids drive better cars then the teachers and go on mini vacations to Paris for the weekend. A huge culture shock really. I applied for this job on a whim really and the fact that I have a permanent job--is amazing.

I was sad to leave the job I had last year--but I am excited to see what this new place holds. However, the downside is that I have a commute of 45 minutes everyday. Blergh.

Today, a student tried to bully me into giving him higher marks. Well I can tolerate a lot in life, and rudeness is not one of them.

I love teaching grade 9. They are so sweet, inquisitive and interested. To me, this group is the best group of students I have had in my entire career ( A short career thus far) I told the parents of my grade 9 class, that I am bringing grammar back--just like Justin brought sexy back. That result in some fantastic applause. : )

I have a lot more work then I need, and the stress is probably eating at other aspects of my life. But I will get through it, just like I always have.

1 comment:

Gina A said...

Glad to see you're back in business and that things seem to be going well so far!

Now that you're driving closer to ME for school, maybe one night we can plan a dinner date?

Miss you!